Newborn Session Prep Guide!

HELLO! 

Congratulations on your new baby! Thank you so much for allowing me the amazing and rewarding job of photographing your new little mini in his/her first few days of life.  Newborn photography is my passion and I consider myself blessed to be around these little miracles so much. 

STUDIO: 

My studio is located at: 

l0160 SW NimbusAve Suite F-4A 

Tigard, OR 97223 




Additional Directions: 

Apple Blossom Photography is located near Washington Square Mall just off Hwy 2 I 7. The cross streets are Nimbus and Scholls Ferry Road. We are located next to Beaverton Dance Center in the Scholls Business Park.  Google Maps should take you right to my front door!

Parking: 

Parking can be limited. If parking is limited, please feel free to park in the 15 minute only spots located in front of my studio. Watch out for little ones running around! 




FOR BABY: 

Before the shoot, please feed baby 2-3 hours prior, and plan on feeding him/her as soon as you get here! Also, please try not to let him/her sleep beforehand, instead try giving your baby a bath, let them kick with only a diaper, tickle their toes, whatever you can. This will help ensure those squishy, sleepy newborn pictures!

I can't stress that it's so important to do your best to keep him awake. Please do not stress yourself out though if this doesn't happen. It will be okay! I don't want you being stressed!

It will be at least 80 degrees in the studio. Due to this, I come dressed for a warm few hours and suggest you do too, or bring a change of clothes for after your portraits! 

Sessions last between 1-3 hours, sometimes longer if baby is a light sleeper, or is hungry. The easiest way to ensure a sleepy baby is the willingness to nurse/bottlefeed off and on. Please come prepared to feed your baby a lot. My studio has a separate room for privacy if needed. 

If you can, bring the soothie pacifier the hospital sent you home with. It's the bendable, green/blue/orangish one, and won't leave marks. Even if you haven't used one, just for the 2 hours that I'm posing him/her usually really helps. 

If you don't happen to have one, I keep new soothies here in the studio(currently out of stock) (as well as plenty of newborn diapers). However if you really prefer that we don't use one, that's fine as well! 



MOM AND DAD: 

Mom & Dad you are a big part of the show. Photographing the connection between you and your baby is one of my all time favorite things. Even if you are not feeling your best, because you are so tired, I encourge you to take at least one portrait as a family, even if you are not looking at the camera, only at your baby. 

I ask that you wear neutral colors and simple outfits. I will shoot either against a grey, off white or other neutral color backdrop. Dads: Make sure if you wear jeans, that there are no cell phone or key outlines left in the jeans. No hats please. Moms: Be sure that you have fresh or no nail polish as your hands will make their way into the images. Also, I aim to photograph using flattering angles and light to bring out the natural beauty in your family. 





SIBLINGS: 

Including older siblings in your newborn's portraits is the perfect way to document this fleeting time in your lives. 

Please make sure all nails are clean. I also prefer to children to not wear shoes or socks. Shirts that say Big Brother/Sister tend to not work well in portraits. 

Sister(s): Please bring a hairbrush just in case. Just as with mom, fresh or no nail polish please. 

Brother(s): Make sure they do not have printed shirts on (large design on front, like a character). A plain tshirt is prefered, but of course it is up to you and what you want. 









A FEW ADDITIONAL THINGS

I do provide snacks and cold drinks, but please feel free to bring your own. 

Right now I do not have many toys, so if siblings are in the studio, please bring entertainment for them as the shoot can take some time. 

If you have children that are at the studio, consider taking two cars so after we photograph the family and sibling portraits they can go home with a parent! We will start the shoot with family portraits, then sibling portraits then baby only!

It is my hope that you come to the studio feeling comfortable and at home. I am truly honored to be able to capture this incredible time in your lives and look forward to getting to know you and your sweet baby! 

Any questions, please email me at abpportland@gmail.com or call me at 503-956-7717. My ringer is never on, but I am pretty good at returning voicemails! 

Thank you! 

Comments

Popular Posts